Saturday, January 02, 2010

At the top of the list

The year is crisp with newness and I already feel like I am behind. So I'll work on "catching up" on the year-end activities.

We had more of this..



thus a lot of this...




We had a special visit from our dear friend Ray Ray (and her mom)


They helped us create this ginger bread house concoction



We've taken in our share of goodies; creating a NY's resolution to make use of this...



New Year's Eve brought a Chipmunk flick, MORE food, fireworks and failed attempts to make it to midnight...


Blake didn't even make it through the 9:30 fireworks. By the time the pics of the girls were taken he was tucked up in his bed deep into dreamland.

New Year's Eve fireworks were a first for Tori..she was so impressed she could not help but praise the Lord. With every burst of color in the sky she would proclaim, "God, I just love you so much and want to praise you everyday."

I love seeing things from a child's perspective. A reminder that the things that may have become expected or mundane truly are extraordinary...good gifts from a Father that loves us far greater than we could ever fathom.

Something I'll try (by God's grace) to keep at the top of my New Year's list.

Happy New Year...may you see it with a child like faith!

6 comments:

Lisa H said...

Happy New Year to you! Sounds like you all had a great time...and by the way, I'm quite jealous of your snow. :)

Just Mom said...

Happy New Year to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I love it and especially Rich's shirt - too funny! So glad you had such a wonderful time and we were glad that we could at least be a part of it.
Mom

michelle said...

A part of it-yeah in a huge way, haven't even blogged the FL adventures.

Santa brought that shirt...he is my Superman!

Anonymous said...

Does it get much better?

Love the photos of the kids in the snow! Fun times!

Sohailah said...

Delightful. What a precious little heart.