Some of you may be thinking I did not know there was such a ‘game’. Well I didn’t either until 2 days ago when I was tagged by the everyday mom. Apparently in this cyberspace game one has to divulge 5 things not commonly known about them. This could prove a difficult task as I feel my life is an open book, I am pretty forthright....I am who I am, take it or leave it. *Okay that one was for free….
….well here goes….
- I am an avid bargain hunter. I mean I love it! I get a thrill from finding a good deal…and a buy-one get-one free deal puts me over the top (I am a marketer’s dream)! Yes, while living in America I was a coupon user…I actually bought the Sunday newspaper for the coupon section (and the TV guide). I may have occasionally (often) spread out all the grocery store sale ads and made separate lists indicating bargains to be found at each. Yep, then I would occasionally (often) make trips to each store to obtain my bargains, all the while my husband would reiterate the fact that I was spending more on gas than actually saving on my bargains. Some call it frugal, even cheap I choose to call it stewardship….okay or dysfunctional.
- When I was 5 years old (give or take a year) despite my parents many warnings to not ride my big wheel down our rather steep driveway, I decided I would give it a try. The result- I came to a crashing halt…literally, my big wheel collided with an oncoming car. From that day forth I have never questioned the authenticity of guardian angels.
- I once gave my boss a proposal detailing why I needed a laptop computer. Only throughout the entire document I wrote ‘lab top’. The sad part is I really thought it was called a ‘lab top’. If it could get any sadder, my boss was (still is) the CEO of the company.
- I tend to lean toward the traditional, old-fashioned beliefs when it comes to dating…guy asks girl out, guy calls girl..etc. This stems from my very traditional mother who still believes dresses are to be worn to church and actually only started wearing jeans period, within the last 10 years. So mom, do not read any further……I abandoned my traditional beliefs when I initiated Rich and I’s first kiss. (insert ‘gasp’ here)
- I often have this vivid daydream that I am singing onstage, in tune, aloud with all my favorite music artists. I recently got my first big break onstage. I was in front of an audience of 2,000 performing my talent! I inserted a picture for you…
……I am the one with the pink hair and it was a crowd of 2,000 children. Oh, one day!
*Actually my ‘freebee’ is false. I wish I had such a carefree attitude but truth be told I care about what people think. In fact my primary love language is “words of affirmation” so commenter’s go easy on me. Michelle, is there a special prize for divulging 6 things opposed to the required 5?