Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Halloween

I’m betting our day was quite a bit different than yours….

For one my kids did not even know it was Halloween…no marketing, no hype, no witches and goblins, barely even a pumpkin! (Really kinda nice!!!)

There would be no trick or treating. I don’t know something about the large electronic fences with barb wire in front of every house and it being one of the most crime infested cities in the world that puts a damper on little kids adorned as cartoon characters ringing the bell and asking for candy. We call the police when a man wearing a mask appears at the door (gate really).

We did however enjoy some treats! Rolo’s, Nestle mint chocolate bar, gummies and chewy runts were among the choices tonight.

And it doesn’t have to be a special day for my special princess to pull out the “costume”.



So there you have it…Halloween check, onto Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Does her wand make her disappear like Elle's?

Happy Turkey Day planning! :-)

Just Mom said...

Sounds like my kind of Halloween.

Teresa said...

Perfect!

Now I can enjoy going into stores again. So glad we are onto the next holiday.

I love Thanksgiving!