Friday, August 22, 2008

Big Hair Genes

I was listening to a message delivered by Beth Moore, during which time she shared about her morning “big-hair”. Yep, I can relate! I retire with flat iron, straight hair and some how awake to a wild-do. Secretly I wish the late 80’s big hair trend would come back in-style as it was the one hair style I could not only pull off but did quite well! Remember big hair contests…there was no competition when up against the Michelle-fro!

My hair genes were not passed to either of my girls but to my son. He can get some volume! Here is Blake pictured at a Rugby game. Prior to leaving the house he wet his locks down and put on a baseball cap. While playing ball the hat came off and the do came out…


Hats off to big hair genesme and my boy!

6 comments:

Susan said...

No fair. Where is the picture of yours?
Susan

Anonymous said...

Actually he's in style. Today all the guys work hard to get that hair style (why I don't know, but they do. I actually thought he didit purposely.

Oh yes, I rmember your big hair days.

He's cute no matter what!
Mom

Susan said...

You are the winner of my 400th post give away of THE SHACK!!! Please e-mail me your address and it will be put in the mail to you. Congratulations!!!!
Susan

Lisa H said...

That is a pretty cute smile he's got to go along with the big hair! ;)

And, like Susan, I was wondering where the picture of YOUR big hair is? Surely you have one! :)

Lisa H said...

I almost forgot to mention this....I have pretty big hair too. Not by choice, mind you, but by genetics also! :) So far my oldest is the only one who has inherited it and he works it into a nice faux-hawk so he doesn't mind it yet.

Gayla said...

love it!

i miss those big hair days too... although i really had to work it- didn't have the natch' style that you did! :-)