Friday, March 28, 2008

Messy Ministry

We’ve had a small team here this week from the USA working with us in various ministry endeavors. Yesterday, we ventured out on a little work project. We spent time in a preschool in one of the big squatter camps. The team had some Easter activities planned for the kids, Skyler led the kids in fun songs and for the main event we painted the classrooms.

I hadn’t really planned on my kiddos getting involved with the painting aspect so they were not appropriately dressed in “ruinable clothing.” Well there was no deterring them….bright yellow, messy paint, “Come on mom, this is ministry right?” They got me and ministry got messy….

Tori loved it and the team was so good to just paint over her contribution when she was finished.

Skyler chose the careful route as she was too cool to wear a garbage bag smock.

Blake…found messy ministry to be his favorite (shocker).


As previously mentioned Rich and I recently celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary so for my gift he got me some “Spa time” (not to mention he was still making up for leaving me for a month..hee). This is why I typically NEVER get manicures or even paint my nails for that matter…….


Nice hue of yellow don't ya think? Yeah, I’ve learned that a mother of 3 kids and manicures don’t go hand-in-hand…ha!

All in all it was a fabulous day for everyone involved and messy ministry takes the cake hands down to a messy french manicure!

10 comments:

Gayla said...

I love how Skylar chose the "careful" route. Your kids and your ministry are both so beautiful!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

hey i have some ministering that needs to be done on the outside of my house...do you think you could round up a couple dozen missionaries to take care of that?

Lisa H said...

Great pictures! It looks like your kids had a blast helping out with the painting. And from the tint of your hands, it seems like you must have been pretty busy too! :)

Just Mom said...

lol at the fact that you actually bother to get your nails done, considering all the work you do.

sorry.

that seemed funny to me.


:-D

michelle said...

Heidi, I asked the team the same thing. :-)

Yeah, my life style isn't real conducive to spa luxuries- thus they are few and far between...sorry I was trying to make that point in the post but I guess I did not do a very good job.

Anonymous said...

Love your creativity and your new hand color. You guys just have way too much fun.

Susan said...

Loved this post!!!!!
Susan

Jen said...

How fun that the whole family got involved!!!! What a bummer about your nails though. That's something that would happen to me too.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

As a recent member of that painting expedition, I have to say that Blake enjoyed the paint far more than can be imagined! We were painting the back, and when no one was watching, he painted me. Now he claims it was an accident.....