So without further ado…
You know it is cold when…
- Prior to pouring your morning coffee you have to rinse the mug under warm water so the coffee won’t break the mug. (I lost 2 mugs last year)
- The ground meat you took out of the freezer to thaw is still frozen solid 3 hours later.
- Upon arising in the morning you can see your breath and you haven’t stepped out of the house.
- The butter that is left on the counter to keep soft (married into that one) is harder than the butter in the frig.
- Your hair spritzer won’t come out of the pump because it is partially frozen.
- You’re excited to cook dinner because the oven heats up the kitchen.
- Winter coat, gloves and scarf are a part of your daily attire regardless of whether you are in or out of the house.
- Your 2 year old refuses to potty train because “it is toooo cowd (cold) Mommy”.
- People ask you if you are expecting because you have a hot water bottle shoved under your coat making a preggie bulge.
- You make sure your heaters are on a long lease (extension cord) so they can travel with you around the house.
- You refuse to endure the “morning wee” until a heater has been taken into the bathroom to heat it up.
- Your nickname is “Ice woman” because your extremities always feel like ice…..at least that is what they are telling me.