Monday, November 05, 2007

The real use for a golf cart

It is amazing the uses one can come up for a golf cart other than golf. My parents have a golf cart…does my dad golf you might ask…no! For my parents and their sweet little retirement community the golf cart is the main form of transportation.

Pretty much anything one would need…food, stores, Cold Stone and yes, even Starbucks is accessible via a golf cart. You can imagine this came as quite a delight for my little ones while visiting Grandma and Grandpa.

Golf cart rides were requested from sun up to sun down. Grandma would take them on rides to feed the ducks. Grandpa would take them on rides to the swimming pool to swim. Daddy would take them on rides to get ice cream. Me, I didn’t take them anywhere I had “me” time while everyone else was riding around on the g.c. Selfish I know but at least they were having fun while I was being selfish.

On another note, my mother, Millie, is having outpatient, exploratory surgery on her heart tomorrow. The surgeon is attempting to determine how serious the issues are and if she will need more invasive surgery or not. We are praying for the latter!! Would you please add your prayer of agreement and for smooth sailing tomorrow?! Thank you, it is much appreciated!!

7 comments:

Lisa H said...

The golf cart looks fun. I can totally see how your kids would love it!

I'll definitely be praying for your mom's heart surgery--please keep us posted on how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Prayer being said for sure!

You guys had it made...what fun!

Jane said...

I'll be praying for your mommy tomorrow!

Jen said...

Praying for your mom right now. I hope everything goes smoothly too. Love the golf cart! Around here you see people on 4-wheelers a lot because of gas prices. I am thinking about getting one for Craig to go work on. Keep us posted on your mom!!!!

Teresa said...

Praying for your mom today, believing for the best.
The golf cart looks so fun!

"Nick" said...

Definitely praying...

Anonymous said...

Praying! Love you.