Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Somebody said it takes about six weeks for your body to get back to normal after having a child. That somebody doesn't know that once you are a mother, NOTHING is "normal".

Somebody said being a mother is boring. That somebody never rode in the car with a teenager learning to drive (excitement I have to look forward to).

Somebody said a "good" mother never raises her voice. That somebody has never had expensive earrings flushed down the toliet.


Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and her hands tied behind her back. That someone never was a class Mom for 19 six year olds.

Somebody said a mother can't love the third child as much as the first. That somebody doesn't have three kids.

Somebody said a mother can find all her answers to her child-rearing needs in books. That somebody never had a two year old shove marbles up her nose.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery. That somebody has never taken their "baby" to Kindergarten.......OR watched them board a plane to South Africa with grandchildren in tow. (That one is for the grandmas!)

Somebody said your mother knows you love her so you don't need to tell her. That somebody isn't a mother!

So let me take the time to briefly yet from the depths of my heart express my gratitude and love to my Mom and Mother in-law. Thanks for teaching me what it is to have a mother's heart. Today especially may you hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a mom but I play one on television. And after creating a "bigger-than-life" character, I am able to attest that I feel I now know what it's like to be a mom. Your post is excellent and a great reminder of the void this world would experience without all the moms. Happy Mother's Day to all of the "real" moms out there in the blog community.

Lori said...

That was neat tribute to your mom and mother in law.

Neat poem. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Mothers Day!

Jen said...

So true. Also, whoever said that bribery is bad parenting, doesn't have kids! 8-) Michelle, have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Susan said...

True, true words. I might add; once a mother, always a mother! Just cause they grow up it doesn't really change the mother heart :o)

Debbie said...

Great post, Michelle. I came by to wish my friend a Happy Mother's Day. I know you will have a great one. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Very touching, dear daughter - thank you.
I love you to bits!
Mom

Karenkool said...

Oh I laughed out loud on several of those. I should have been writing a collection of my own personal ones along the way... Anyway, Happy Mother's Day you!

Mrs. Breum said...

Love that one- and I love the little feet! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I have one of those on my blog today as well. So true to our lives, huh?!

Happy Mother's Day today and everyday. I know you must have days when it is hard to be so far away. God is watching you! May he always give you His good measure.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this letter!

You have a neat blog here and precious children!!! My hope and dream is to visit where you are one day and maybe even come home with an addition to our family! God willing, we shall see.

Blessings,
Tiany